SISL may process and store data, that you provide to us, on our internal and external third party hosted systems. Data that you provide to us shall be stored on systems with technical and organisational security measures and controls that strengthen data security. We use data held about your organisation to enable us to provision for the goods or services we provide to you or the organisation you represent.
- Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will not use any of your data for automated decision-making or profiling.
- We will not disclose your information to anyone outside of SISL unless required or permitted by law, or where we have your consent to do so. The transmission of information via internet, by any means, may not be secure. Any such transmission by you is at your own risk.
Under Data Protection Laws you have rights in relation to have data erased; to object to direct marketing; to not be subjected to automated decision making (including profiling) where such produces a legal effect or significant effect on you; and you have the right to bring a civil action if your data subject rights have been breached. If you are not happy with the way in which your data is held or processed by us then we request that you notify our Data Protection Officer, at the contact details set out below, so that we may address your concerns swiftly.
Your details are on our database because your organisation receives goods and/or services from us or our vendors. We believe that the emails will contain useful information that is relevant to you in your professional capacity. If you do not wish to receive emails of this nature, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
If you are not a SISL customer your details will be included on our database for one of the following reasons:
- Vendor lead. You have enquired about a specific product via a manufacturer and they have passed your details to us in order that your enquiry may be followed up.
- Event registration/attendance. You have provided your details when registering for one of SISL’s seminars, or you have provided your details when visiting SISL at a conference/exhibition.
- Third party database. SISL occasionally purchases lists of IT contacts from an approved data supplier (mainly DiscoverOrg). The data supplier only passes on the details of recipients who have consented to their details being passed on to technology service businesses, such as SISL.
If you do not wish to continue to receive emails relating to SISL’s IT services, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
SISL will always provide recipients with an opportunity to opt-out or ‘unsubscribe’ from receiving further email content. This is because we only want to send information to people who are interested in receiving it. SISL is responsible for responding to ‘opt-out’ or ‘unsubscribe’ requests when requested to do so. In turn, our business partners are responsible for complying with all such requests by removing the appropriate person from their lists.